Sunday, March 3, 2013

emirati psycho*

my name is Raisa M, I live in ********, and i'm 28 years old. i believe in taking good care of myself, a balanced diet, excessive exercise, and covering every inch of my skin in brand names. i would probably change my abaya a thousand times, if i though it made my nose looks bigger, or my head any broader, i can do that while applying my eyeliner and mascara. i start by wiping my face with an orange extract facial cleanser, then wait a minute before applying a sunblock cream (30 SPF), and then add another layer of a tinted sunblock cream, and finish off with a bronzing face powder - with pure gold.

there's an idea of Raisa Al Mansoori, an illusion, some kind of an abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something imaginary. and despite the amount of efforts I put just hide my cold gaze, it still slips once in awhile. you'll shake my hand, you'll feel the flesh gripping yours, and maybe think that our lifestyles are probably comparable ...i simply am not there.



*based on a partially true story. 

2 comments:

Mohammad said...

This is very sad, Raisa. Release yourself from what you're trapped in, however you name it. Expensive brand names and makeup will never be a solution.

Raisa said...

I was going for creepy actually.