Monday, January 5, 2009

let's spend the day in bed,

it's a time where you want to escape everything around, sometimes escaping with someone,
usually alone, lights off, and you're in Paris, ..Barcelona, or somewhere else for a couple of hours,
and then, you come back :)

here's some movies I've watched recently,

The Savages
this is one is a year old, I heard so much about it but finally watched it recently, torrent related issues :p

anyways, it's about a middle aged woman played by Laura Lenny, whom was awsome! if I may add :) and her profssor brother who lives somewhere on the other side of the american coast ..or whatever the term is, their father loses his girlfriend of 20 years and they're in their late 70's, and ends up being kick'd out an eldery society/home because of his behavior, anyways ..the movie will take you through their strugle choosing a home for their dying any day father, .. the father n' son relationship, their sister brother relationships, and that sort of things

I enjoy'd the movie tbh, it was real, human, blue, and reeeally depressing, but again it was good, and I'd definately recommend it


Australia,
this one I watched at the theatre, I went there with a couple of my sisters at the Marina mall, we met a friend at a café, ..fuelled up with caffien, chatt'd, then we headed to the theatre and settled down, it was about 3:30 pm and ..dadum, the movie started!



it's a story about this British lady Nicole Kidman, who went after her husband, well ..to get him back to England, but he 'surprisingly' gets murdered as she lands on Australia, and I gotta say her lips look'd a bit bigger than the last time I saw her, ok back to the movie ..she take over her husband's farm trying to save it, then meets this, umm ..man Hugh Jackman and yes she falls for him, they go places, things happens, and then a happy ending! ..hope I didn't ruin it for ya :



ok, now for me it wasn't my kind of movies, it was sort of fun to watch, funny at times, but it wasn't the movie that will stay in mind, it was very predictiple, I thought that they sort of epic'd everything about it, I mean the music was very eppicy, when a car was moving away they'd play this ear-dropping sad music and so on, seriously WHY?


I'd say watch it if you didn't have any other choice, however, there's a big chance you might like it, so it's your call, ..oh did I mention it was about 3 hours? :/



Things We Lost in the Fire


We lost a lot. And I remember, I...
I went to him and I said, you know,"How can you be so calm?"
And he said, "Hey, you know,those are just things, Audrey.
"Those are just the stuff.That's just stuff.
"We still have each other."



another depressing movie, and you'd expect a lot like this conversation

about this family, Hale Berry as the mother, that lost a member, but gained a friend, I read about the movie somewhere so I decided to watch it, it wasn't a masterpeice but it wasn't bad either, it was somewhere in between I'd say watch it, it was good, but a bit soacked up in drama, if you're up to it :)





Hotel Chevalier
I've never heard of this movie before, and it's a Natalie Portman movie which make it even weird-er not knowing about, ..anyways, it's a short movie, about 15 mins or less, I watched it based on a recommendation by a friend,


the whole movie takes place in a French hotel room, there's the ex-girlfriend and there's also the ex-boyfriend, whom suposedly was avoidng or rather fleeing this ex, umm .. the conversations were interesting, the song played in the movie was ..memorable :) everything seemed beautifuly placed, but you'll have to fill in the missing peices 'cause the movie doesn't give much

the over all is, it was good, you might ..hate it, but I'd still recommend it to people with artistic, ..Frenchy tastes maybe?





Il Y A Longtemps Que Je T'Aime
translation to that is, I've love'd you so long, I read about el movie at one of the blogs I stalk, so I thought it's French ..and it's drama, it's a combination that usually result into something good,

am not about to tell the story of the movie, I don't think telling the plot's a good idea you have to watch the movie, and don't try read anything of IMDB, trust me just don't :)




La Flor de Mi Secreto
ok it means, the flower of my secret, it's Spanish, and it's a 1995 production, it feels and tastes ventage, although it's not that old but it's ..I dunno, I've to mention that am completely in love with the director Pedro Almodovar, don't ask I just hove him! ..anyways,

the movie is about this lady writer who writes love novels under the name: Amanda Gris, she's married, but not that married, her husband is some sort of a solider, and was sent to Bosnia, due to the war ..and they're having troubles with their marrige, but she's being a woman, and just trying, and trying, ..and trying!


I'm pretty sure you won't like it, it's a movie about women, the difficult ones, ..I just had to write about it, cause I watched it a couple of days ago, thinking about it it wasn't bad at all, but it's the kind that am not recommending, however, am planing to watch it again :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Australia and Il Y A Longtemps Que Je T'Aime :D
Gonna watch them soon insha'allah :)

Raisa said...

inshaAllah, n' I hope you'll enjoy 'em :)